Jabberwocky: A new year font-color:#CCFFCC

Sunday, February 12, 2006

A new year

A new year - 2006

Horror horror.I havent updated my blog for 2 months and left it to rot.LOL.well, there are times when I just dont feel like posting my thoughts online, either because i had nothing to write or i was just plain lazy.Theres this fleeting impulse to blog when i see something interesting but it'll go away after a few minutes.I have a few drafts lined up over here, some half completed and some barely started.To kick off this new year, i'll make a fresh start.

Year in review - 2005
A lot of things happened in this year and i'm not talking about the so called winds of change that occurs when you leave school and enter college.Its a big fat lie that college is very much different from school,the workload is about the same, the hours are longer, the food sucks as usual, the only difference being you dont need to wear uniforms, which again presents me with another problem as my wardrobe is rather sparse.

Those who know me well will know that I am a t-shirt jeans kinda person.Furthermore i dont wear sleeveless tee as I cant stand the cold.I dont get how some people can wear sleeveless V neck mini skirt to class and not freeze to death.This leaves me with not much of a choice for clothes to wear to college and I will always wear my favourite white shoes(another weird fetish of mine)Therefore, after like 5 or 6 days you can see me wearing the same clothes again.LOL.Unlike some others, who can go 2 weeks plus without repeating their outfits.

Another thing that never ceases to amaze me is how I managed to score 5As even though my homework was crap and our experiments were mostly made believe.For human bio for example, I would just write whatever i remembered and the human history part was the worst.All the ancestors looked the same to me and for crying out loud, their skulls all look alike other than some miniscule details.I had also the chance to have a very special lecturer, my Econs lecturer that was very different from the other lecturers.His way of teaching was through stories, jokes and lots of nonsence talk that had some underlying meaning and i fared quite well considering i had no prior economics background.Which teacher would bring you for talks by Ghandis grandson, bring you to watch seabiscuit and the emperors club in teh school AV room, let you off for coming late and going back early, gathering at the cafeteria to chit chat during class,tell us ghost stories, jokes about jackasses as bosses,history,FRIM(forest reserve in kepong, though with much regret i missed that as we were away at redang)we met up before cny for dinner.

Also, my dear math teacher for being so lenient with us, i always come late for his classes, esp on tuesdays as we have econs bfore lunch and 30 minutes for lunch is never sufficient.he never raised his voice to scold us when we talk in class and is always pushing datelines for us.some people, obviously will take advantage of the poor old man by handing up assignments way after the deadline and he wont take any action against these people.Hes really kind and when we jokingly wat him to treat us, he'll really do that.I feel guilty for laughing cuz of the way he pronounces 0 and g's.

My bio teacher, the former one was a real MOAH(my nickname for her - MOAT being mother of all horror, she was really scary and strict with the class, yet i was more hardworking, as i was forced to study more often, prolly cuz humans are all fan jin)She was so fast in teaching that we had already finished half of the whole syllabus within the first 2 months.The good part about her was that we didnt need to do our own notes when she was around, the new teacher did not believe in giving out notes.Miss J, our replacement teacher is really nice and funny and not so strict.She made our classes alot more fun and relaxed.The downside was i slacked a lot more in the 2nd half of the year as a result.

My english teacher,who was always laughed at for having a bowling pin figure.lol.I dont know why but i feel that she doesnt like me much.I dont really agree to her method of teaching and feel that she overstresses on grammar and has neglected vocabulary.As a result, my vocabulary greatly deteriorated.For some reason, some of those that supposedly passed the Advanced english course speak really bad english.it makes me question the standard of these so called courses and whether they actually help accomplish the objective of improving the participants english or they merely satisfy the desire of gaining the certificate.

chemistry lecturer.some would describe her as cool, haughty or even arrogant.I would say shes an okay person.i have bumped into her a couple of times at the library (suk hak over there =p) and whenever i have questions in chemistry i can always ask her.She gave me an A in the end and a few well dones during topic tests =D

IS.horror .horror.horror.DO NOT EVER TAKE THIS SUBJECT. the lecturer is completely hopeless and barkin mad.her english is horrible and she cant teach.she might be really good in computing for all i know but she cannot teach.proof: our class started with 9 people at the beginning of the semester and only 4 left at the end.the rest dropped out somewhere in the beginning and the middle.She complains that shes not feelin well and has migraines all the time.

For all these people other than the IS lecturer, I am truly greatful.My college's admin department is incompetent.the office lady handlin most of our payments and the accounts department is quite useless and not constantly up to date with college happenings and policies and activities.

to be continued..

1 Comments:

Blogger 蓝玫瑰Emily said...

at last u updated my dear!!
hahaha

wish u all the best in your future undertakings...

dun forget me okay...
>.<

happy yuan xiao!!

3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home