Jabberwocky: A new year pt.2 font-color:#CCFFCC

Sunday, February 12, 2006

A new year pt.2

wow..2 posts in a day.A major accomplishment for a part time blogger like me LOL.

Continue from above

November

The end of our academic year.My last paper was economics.As i handed in my answer sheet, i heaved a sigh of relief..even though i knew i answered like crap(as a result of falling asleep while studying last minute )So, this is the end.No fireworks to mark it, no happy cheers as we were among the earliest to end the paper.It ended like how it started, quietly and barely noticeable.Our college is probably the only college that has neither a graduation ceremony nor a end of the year prom.But then again, i dont have those fancy dresses , TDH companion (tall, dark, handsome), awesome dancing skills, svelte body and sparkling jewellry to show off so i guess i didnt miss much.Its sad though that our college is so eventless and we dont have much for remembrance other than out friends if compared to the other colleges.

13-22 Dec
I went to Outward bound school, which is located in Lumut, Perak.I've always wanted to go for a course there and this year, i got a place early :p

the place was pretty okay and the activities were fun,we had kayaking across to the opposite island in rough weather and choppy water until i felt sea sick.THere was this whacko in our group who was really annoying and stupid.he dint help out much and moaned and complained alot.I kinda hate him.he even vomitted in the kayak during our expedition thankfully, i wasnt his kayak partner.The worse thing is he keeps calling my name wrongly and has that smug look on his face that i feel like slapping him.besides, he has no body nor muscles to show yet he likes to wear sleeveless tee, which isnot allowed anyway.talk about thick skinned! there are also some that i didnt really like and some childish ones, i dont know why, probably because i'm already used to people more mature.

We had a trekking expedition that took about 7 hours to reach and it was slippery and muddy as it rained the day bfore, which was a real horror as my old shoes had no grip and i slided my way through.the left sole came out half way LOL.When i went back to the dorm the 2nd day, i threw away the shoes and socks as they were practically reeking.the stupid shoes also cut my foot until there was quite a deep gash.i was hobbling back all the way and as a result was quite slow.What i hate about some of my team members is that they have this desire to win all the time, they want to reach the place first, the fastest so on.they have no consideration for the other slower people,mostly the girls..i admit my stamina is quite weak and my speed is quite slow in the case of trekking.

We also had solo camping,rock climbing which left me with plenty of bruises.my height or more of the lack of it, is a major disadvantage.i couldn’t stretch that much and couldn’t reach out to those handholds n footholds above unlike some who just did it effortlessly.Theres one thing that I’m really proud of , that is I managed to keep a fire going for quite a long time..around 3 hours even though I needed help starting it .those that have watched over a wood fire should know that the fire is really greedy andhungry all the time,you have to keep popping in the sticks to keep it going.

we had rope courses,which was quite easy as i've had some coachin from my krs seniors n theres this annoying kid thats so eager to show off and quite rude as well especially during the orienteering part.

at the end of the course, my legs were all infested wiht insect bites like 15 on one leg, thanks to the stupid sand fleas tat were itchy like hell.mosquitoes wonderland and bruises on both knees.I wouldnt look out of place at the outpatient ward.LOL.it was a great experience and costly one.lol.
one thing bad about obs is that they waste alot of food, they give us a lot of food that are perishable so we have to throw them away.read: 1kg of sugar and rice and condensed milk !during expeditions.during bbq nite, we threw away huge black bags of food: chicken,fruit,sausages,bread,rice.i felt so guilty..think of all the poor hungry animals eg.dogs. >.<


I might go back as a CA (course assistant)this year, depending on my class schedule.

there! another quality post from ji jun mou dik long gau ju

happy new year peeps! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home